At Dental Specialists of New York, we use bonding to repair chipped, discolors, or crooked teeth.
How can tooth bonding improve my smile?
We will place a tooth-colored composite resin on your tooth to improve its appearance. This filling “bonds” with your natural tooth. The composite resin used in tooth bonding can even be used in place of amalgam fillings when filling cavities. Many patients prefer bonded fillings, because the color more closely matches their natural tooth coloring.
How does bonding work?
- Sanchez will find the color of composite resin that is the best match for your tooth.
- He will roughen the surface of your tooth and apply special liquid to help the bonding agent stick to it.
- He will apply the composite resin over the liquid, mold it to the shape of your tooth, and harden the bonding with an ultraviolet light.
After the resin hardens, he can further shape the tooth for a flawless and natural look and feel. This tooth bonding procedure can be completed in just one office visit.
How long does the bonding last?
Tooth bondings should last 5-8 years on average, and then you may need to return for a touch up. To extend the life of your bondings, you should be careful when eating hard foods and avoid chewing on your fingernails. The resin can also stain, so you should practice proper dental hygiene to maintain the discretion of your bonding.
What are the benefits of tooth bonding?
Tooth bonding treatment is:
- Cost-effective - Bonding is considerably less expensive than crowns or veneers
- A simple procedure - We usually won't need any anesthesia to bond your teeth, and we will remove a very minimal amount of your tooth enamel.
- Very discreet - Composite resin comes in a range of shades to match your natural tooth color.
- Versatile - Dr. Sanchez can use tooth bonding to change the color, shape, and size of your teeth, as well as eliminate tooth gaps.
- Swift - You can complete treatment in a single visit that lasts between 30 - 60 minutes.
Realize a flawless smile with tooth bonding
In a single visit, you could have even, beautiful teeth - at an affordable price. Find out how at your free consultation.